Aaaaah, vacation season. A chance to take a trip to a warm destination. Maybe find a nice beach that’s not filled with inebriated college people twerking their way into cautionary tales, and enjoy a dip in the waters.
Your hearing aids help you hear the cry of seagulls, the lapping water, the laughter of family as they splash away. Time to dive in, right?
Well…let’s talk about that.
Now let’s sound out those waterproof hearing aids.
What does “waterproof” mean for hearing aids?
According to Merriam-Webster, waterproof means “impervious to water.” But how do we identify waterproof hearing aids in the industry?
Hearing aids have what’s called an “IP rating.” The IP rating number tells you how resistant the hearing aids are to dust and to water. It’s the same ratings used for your phones and your watches.
These ratings come from the International Electrotechnical Commission, a third party group that takes their jobs very seriously.
The IP rating has two digits. The first digit in the rating gives you an idea of the degree of protection against dust, sand, and other non-liquid particulates. That rating uses a scale of 1 to 6—1 being the worst, 6 being the best.
The second number, rating on a scale from 1 to 8, indicates how resistant the hearing aids are to water. Similar to the first digit, 1 is the lowest rating, 8 is the best.
So, if your hearing aid comes with an IP68 rating, that means it has the best protection against solid objects such as sand or dust, as well as the best available resistance against water intrusion. An IP of 67 is pretty darn good too.
Want to learn more about IP ratings? Give us a ring!
Injoy’s Waterproof Hearing Aids.
Some companies claim they have the only waterproof hearing aid on the market. That’s…not quite accurate. Injoy has waterproof hearing aids: The Security. And yes, they’re also waterproof up to .5 meters.
The Security, our highest tier hearing aid, delivers waterproof, sweatproof, top-of-the-line hearing devices for 1/2 the price of brick-and-mortar stores. Yes, 1/2 the price of brick-and-mortar stores. Don’t worry, it’s ok if you cry tears of joy on The Security Injoy hearing aids. They can handle it.
Waterproof/water-resistant hearing aids for everyday life.
Do you like to play pickleball? Seems like the world does. If you don’t know what it is, look it up. Imagine tennis, badminton, and ping-pong put in a blender and mixed with beer. It’s fun, and it can really work up a sweat.
Maybe you prefer jogging or dancing. Possibly you love intense workouts. It could even be that you just tend to work up a sweat faster than others. However you like to power up your perspiration, The Security can deal with it.
You’ll be able to continue listening to the sound around you, or to your Bluetooth streaming device for those energizing tunes, or continue your conversation with a friend about how much you’re bench-pressing at that moment. It’s all good, because it’s all possible with The Security.
There’s more, too. The Security tier of Injoy hearing aids offers incredible value along with resistance to moisture intrusion.
Key features of The Security
The Security does so much in such a small space!
- Waterproof up to ½ meter submerged (See? We told you.)
- Sweatproof. Yay, Pilates! Also, oh no, Pilates!
- QuickSync Control. One touch can control both hearing aids.
- Adaptive Digital 2.0. Computer chip power for all these amazing features.
- Easy Audiogram. Easily see what your hearing test says about your hearing.
- Ultra Zoom. Make The Security really focus on conversations in front of you.
- AutoSense 5.0. Upgraded AI to help you hear your best.
- Speech in Noise. Multiple mics and programming to make loud places intelligible.
- Sound Recover 2. Take those higher frequencies and make them hearable.
- Tinnitus Balance. Bye-bye ringy-dingy.
- Hands-Free calling in stereo. Is this cool or what?
- WhistleBlock. No loud whistles/whines when you crank’em up.
- WindBlock. Lowers—or eliminates—wind noise.
- Precise speech detection from any direction. The highest level of performance and focus.
- Incredible sound quality. Remember when you loved music? It’s today, with our hearing aids.
- Stereo Bluetooth streaming. Connect, listen, enjoy!
- Smartphone compatible app. With this app, you can adjust your hearing aid settings, and get help from Injoy to do it when you need it!
- Rechargeable. No more fumbling with those itty bitty batteries.
Related topic: can you wear hearing aids in the shower?
What your Injoy Hearing Aids come with.
So you know what The Security waterproof hearing aids can do. They keep water out up to 18 or so inches. They keep the sweat out. And they’ve got enough tech packed into them to make your hearing the absolute best—and easily adjusted—that it can be.
Here’s what you get when you order any of our hearing aids, including The Security:
- A pair of high-tech hearing aids
- Two-Way Bluetooth Streaming (Apple and Android)
- Free app to adjust your hearing aids — anytime, anywhere
- Multiple domes for the best fit
- Recharging case
- Cleaning kit and wax filter
- 3-year manufacturer’s warranty
- 3-year loss-and-damage protection
- 3 years of remote care with our Injoy Audiology Team
- Left and right indicators
- Instruction guide
- Warranty card
- Support 7 days a week
Great tech, great ways to take care of it, and great help when you need it. That’s Injoy.
The Benefits of Injoy
Buying Injoy hearing aids online allow you to have
- A free hearing test designed by a licensed audiologist
- Service from licensed hearing specialists
- Free delivery at your door in 2 to 3 days
- Process simplicity that’s smart and effective
- Face-to-face virtual consultation
- Real risk-free trial period
- No wasted time or expenses traveling to a storefront
- Super-nice help from people who get hyped about hearing aids
Check out the full lineup of Injoy hearing aids. From the powerful first tier The Workhorse, to our most popular mid-tier The Choice, to our water-fighting moisture-butt-kicking The Security tier, you’ll find the right hearing aids for your lifestyle and your budget.
The Best Ways to Prevent Water Damage to Your Hearing Aids
Even if your hearing aids are rated as “waterproof,” you can do a lot to keep the wet stuff from damaging your hearing stuff.
First and foremost, you can avoid liquids/submersion in toto. Hitting the neighborhood or hotel pool? Put your aids in their charger, and keep them in your bag along with that paperback book and the squeezy bottle of margaritas. When you’re done playing in the water, put them back in and enjoy.
Same for taking showers, doing sweaty work/exercise, etc. The simple fact is, they can’t get water in them if they’re not exposed to it.
If your waterproof hearing aids will be exposed to moisture, such as getting drenched during a rain storm or leaving them on during a shower, try to keep the exposure to the shortest duration possible.
As soon as possible after exposure, you’ll want to gently wipe down the aids with a clean, nonporous fiber cloth. Ask us about specific fabrics you can use to remove moisture from your aids.
And if you’re worried about the water that got on your waterproof hearing aids (your buddy shoved you into the pool’s deep end, forgetting you wear The Security because they’re so hard to see), you can do the cell phone trick: put your hearing aids in a sealed plastic bag full of rice. Leave them there overnight, and the rice will absorb the humiditiy out of the hearing aids.
What about in-the-canal (IIC) hearing aids?
We’re so sorry. We know you really want to do that full-gainer off the high board. It sucks to be the bearer of bad tidings, but hearing aids aren’t meant for deep water, period. None of them. Not even our over-the-ear hearing aids.
You might think those IIC hearing aids are protected by all that surrounding ear canal, but the truth is they’re worse for water resistance. Because of how they operate and their size, they’re more likely to experience moisture penetration than OTE hearing aids.
Plus IIC hearing aids collect more earwax on them than the OTE in-ear pieces, because IIC aids completely fill the canal, blocking it from air flow. When moisture gets in there—including natural body humidity/sweat—it helps that wax penetrate deeper into the IIC device, clogging it and requiring a lot of cleaning time.
Try out your Injoy hearing aids risk-free. For REAL.
Here are a few facts about buying hearing aids:
- You don’t want to buy them. Because buying hearing aids sucks. But what they do doesn’t suck at all—that is, if you like to hear better, enjoy more, and feel less isolated.
- They’re not cheap. Ours are way less expensive than brick-and-mortar stores (1/2 the price!), but that doesn’t mean they’re pocket change.
- They can be waterproof. Ish. Adjacent. Compatible. Look, no hearing aid will win an award for lasting 30 minutes in 18 inches of water. But if we can work for your work out, your shower, your walk in the rain, your wading in that creek, that’s waterproof enough to enjoy hearing what you want while you do it.
That’s why we offer a real risk-free guarantee. As in, you don’t pay a dime during the trial period, period.
How the real risk-free guarantee works.
First, order the Injoy hearing aid tier that matches your lifestyle. Those Injoy hearing aids will arrive at your door in 2 to 3 days. Once they’re in your hands, one of our licensed audiologists will help you set it up, go over the awesome features and how they work, and get you ready to head out into the world—or the TV room—ready to hear what’s happening in your life more clearly.
And now, you’ve got 30 days to use them as you need to. Go with your friends to that busy cafe and participate in the conversation! Check out your favorite music or podcast fed from your bluetooth device right to your hearing aids. Binge watch your favorite TV shows without a single soul telling you to turn it down.
The world is your oyster, and hearing is the pearl.
We’ll contact you during those 30 days to check in on how they’re working and offer any help to make sure you enjoy the best hearing you’ve had in a long time.
Near the end of those 30 days, if you’re not completely satisfied with your Injoy hearing aids, return them. That’s it.
What, no refund? Nope—because we haven’t charged your credit card in the first place. Fact is, you haven’t paid a dime, not even for shipping.
Other companies charge your credit card first, making sure they have your money in their hands from the get-go. We don’t know about you, but we’ve never met money with Munchausen syndrome. Ever.
Plus, those other companies make you wait days—or weeks—to get your money back if you return their hearing aids.
That’s not how Injoy handles life. We want to know you love your Injoy hearing aids and want to keep them before we get paid. If for whatever reason you don’t feel satisfied, send them back within those 30 days, and we’re all good.
That’s a real risk-free trial. (Usually we like to bow after this and blow kisses to the thundering applause, but we’ll just assume you like the idea of not risking your money to try our product.)
The truth: “waterproof” exists, but it’s limited.
That limitation makes us have a tendency to say that no hearing aids are waterproof. But if you don’t mind staying within 18 inches of the surface of the water (and are very careful about it), then yes, waterproof OTE hearing aids exist. And we offer them!
However, if you’re looking for OTE hearing aids that do a bang-up 100% job of resisting moisture in everyday life activities, boy does Injoy have you covered. #sweatproofisreal
And here’s a bit of Injoy honesty: if you accidentally drop your Injoy hearing aid in the pool while playing splash with your grandkids, we’re not going to hold that against you. If your warranty is still in effect, we usually just fix’em.
Buuuuuut, if you went kraken-wrestling in the deep briny sea next to a sunken treasure ship, we might have to talk about replacement costs. Unless you got a video of the kraken. Or dubloons. #seeingisbelieving
Take the time to look at our other article “The Truth About Invisible Hearing Aids”
Let’s talk about your hearing
If it appears you’re not hearing all you should, contact us and let’s make your hearing life better.
We offer superior service, with hearing aid options to match your lifestyle and professional assistance from licensed audiologists. At Injoy, we have a passion to help you hear better, satisfaction guaranteed.
Listen. Hear. Live! Injoy.
Check out the real risk free trial today!